Annual General Meeting
Next Annual General Meeting:
Annual General Meeting:
26. The NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders Inc will convene an annual general meeting of its members within the period of six months after the expiration of each financial year of the Association.
27. (1) The annual general meeting of the Association shall, subject to the Act and Rule 26 be convened on such date and such place and time as the Committee thinks fit.
(2) In addition to any other business which may be transacted at an annual general meeting, the business of an annual general meeting shall be:
(a) To confirm the minutes of the last preceding annual general meeting and of any special general meeting held since that meeting.
(b) To receive from the Committee reports upon the activities of the Association during the last preceding financial year.
(c) To elect office-bearers of the Association and ordinary members of the Committee, and
(d) to receive and consider the statement which is required to be submitted to members pursuant to Section 26(6) of the Act
(3) An annual general meeting shall be specified as such in the notice convening it.
18. (1) Nomination of candidate for election as office bearers of the Association or as ordinary members of the Committee -
(a) Shall be made in writing signed by two members of the Association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination), and
(b) Shall be delivered to the Secretary of the Association not less than seven days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
(2) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the Committee, the candidates nominates shall be deemed to be elected and further nominations shall be received at the annual general meeting.
(3) If insufficient further nominations are received any vacancies remaining on the Committee shall be deemed to be casual vacancies.
(4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated shall be deemed to be elected.
(5) If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot shall be held.
(6) The ballot for the election of office-bearers and ordinary members of the Committee shall be conducted at the annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the committee may direct.